Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Middle drop with images





Here is a mock-up of my "drop" , the cream bricks are the frontfront, you can see that the drop section is 2 bricks deep and I have the chimney before the frontfront-arch.

note the off cuts of the angle cuts will fill alot of the gaps to reduce mortar use.

i was lucky enought to find brick already cut in half lenghtways so that is enabling me to do this drop.



Top View, you can see how this is going to work, i'll put the chimney into that gap and surround it with bits of brick and mortar, use of mortar isn't so worrying here as a pizza will only spend a few seconds under this area. Whats best is to have a GOOD SEAL to close off the oven area.


On that note I may need to slightly revise this structure to accommodate my oven door. Hmmm, will have to think about that.



I did some quick photoshop on this image to get my idea across, here is the tunnel into the oven without the frontfront-arch.
NOTE: this is not my oven width, i just used 1 brick width as an example, see the use of another off-cut on the front right brick to push up against the frontfront-arch, all helping to ensure a SEAL.
I think you can imagine how this small drop will facilitate the "draw" of smoke.
All this will come together once I start putting it together and marry up these posts with youtube vids by me.