Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Brick cutting

To set up your arch properly you will need to get some bricks cut, I just searched the internet/phonebook for a local guy that is mobile and goes to building sites. He said he normally charges $90 "flag fall" but I only have a dozen to do so I gave him my address and mobile number, told him I wasn't in a hurry and if he could fit me in only when he was passing by.

I paid $25 CASH and it was a win win, even so $2 a cut was step but what are you going to do? least its done right.

The bonus for me was I got him to also cut the bricks I need for the middle drop section.

Another Idea i had was to find a brickie that had his own cutter but for $25 it was worth it but you might get lucky.

WARNING: the guy didn't really cut the bricks perfect to my template, its not a big deal for me but i would suggest you make sure you pay attention when they are cutting as i wasted 3 bricks and i need every one really, i'll get around it though, just need to slightly adjust the arch template now.

Maybe I would suggest you get all your bricks cut before building your arch template!

SEE brick cutting 2......