Sunday, April 26, 2009

Concrete slab recipe

Been down to my local garden center and he says the mix is 4:2:1 , thts 4 sand to 2 aggregrate to 1 cement.

I got a quote from a "mini-mix" delivery and its was $226 for my .4Msq , the cost of the sand/aggregate/cement from the local bloke is $129 !!! why the difference, WELL he tells me you can order what you want of the mini-mix but they just charge you a MIN 1Msq.

It doesn't matter when or where you are reading this but almost double is a BIG difference, especially when you can find sand and rocks everywhere yourself !

Everything I read still says "portland cement" is an ingredient you need, portland NOT becuase its from portland its just the brand/type name.

it has certain attributes and probably best just buying the stuff ! but if you want to spend time researching then "portland cement" is where to start.

Gonna go do me some sand hunting LOL