Thursday, September 17, 2009

Before you start the dome......

Nows the time to review your plan before you start, look at:
positioning on the slab
internal floor dimensions and the size of floor tiles/bricks you are using.
door positioning
door size in relation to pizza width
baking pan/tray widths to door width
chimmney position
amount of depth at front for resting items from oven
and so much more, visualise the end result, do some brick layouts to help.



You can see here I can tell where the oven is going, the depth, door width, my ash drop and the amount of space at the front of the oven door. Its REALLY good to just do this and look at it. by me doing this I can see I can come forward a bricks width maybe and have a slightly larger/deeper oven. I can utilise the front "drop" to the chimney as this extension.

More on that as I progress.