Monday, February 8, 2010

Chimney finished






To complete the chimney I have to make it thinner and cut a hole in the pagola roof to allow a layer of bricks through, the reason is the chimney pipe is going to be hot and the roof is fibreglass/plastic so at least a few bricks will allow me to put in some weather proofing around it without it melting as well as the roof.




So thus I have to put a round pipe into a square hole and seal it, I figured if I put a piece of metal to hold the pipe and bricked it in I could then pour mortar into itwhich will hold the chimney straight andforce the smoke into the pipe, and thats what image yo see here, the pipe is 15cm across so i just drew a circle, cut out some lines and bent the thing back.




Here it is inside the chimney bricks, it was hard to get good shots as i'm up a ladder and the front beam blocked a front-shot being taken, i just built those bricks up through that gap and filled it.